RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking an Account Executive to support our publications and our clients. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a talent for relationship-building and an understanding competitive advertising media. This is a permanent, full-time position.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team whose in-house brand, Avenue, is Calgary’s premiere city lifestyle magazine, and whose award-winning WestJet Magazine has been read nationally (and internationally) for more than 14 years. The RedPoint team also creates custom publications for clients like BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation.
RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our company’s future
RedPoint is welcoming applications for a full-time Account Executive to develop advertising sales for all RedPoint publications with a focus on Avenue. Based in Calgary, this position will report to the Publisher, Avenue Calgary, and is responsible for meeting sales goals and ensuring client satisfaction.
This is an opportunity to:
- Represent a complete portfolio of RedPoint publications and services, including online advertising and other products and services, with a focus on Avenue Calgary and avenuecalgary.com.
- Work in the best interests of both the client or agency and RedPoint and its affiliates.
- Prospect, sell to and service accounts.
- Work constructively with advertising agencies.
- Respond to RFPs with timely and professional proposals.
- Work creatively with in-house production teams, sales management and publishers to create innovative and customizable proposals.
- Work diligently with internal traffic and production teams for the joint responsibility of collecting ad materials, managing proofs and changes with the client/agency and acting as a liaison between the client/agency and RedPoint and its affiliates.
- Ensure the detailed contractual obligations of all advertising sales, with emphasis on upholding the terms of the contract.
- Meet or exceed sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Significantly grow business for RedPoint and its affiliates.
our ideal candidate
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude. Previous magazine or media sales experience is an asset.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Strong prospecting and sales skills, with proven experience in advertising sales an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with advertising agencies.
- Excellent understanding of competitive advertising media.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-sell and present innovative strategies to the best interest of the client/agency.
- Demonstrated creativity in customizing advertising and promotional opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficiency with proposals and PowerPoint presentations; ability to apply research and targeted strategies toward RFP responses.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage both external and internal coordination of production requirements.
- Team player along with ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed sales targets.
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
This posting is open until Friday, May 11, 2018.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.