Editorial Intern – Avenue Magazine
RedPoint Media is seeking a summer student editorial intern starting as soon as possible. This full-time summer contract position in our Calgary office is supported by the provincial STEP funding — applicants must be full-time students returning to studies in the fall.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team that creates our in-house brand Avenue Calgary, an award-winning city lifestyle magazine. Our company also creates custom publications for clients like WestJet, BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation. RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our company’s future.
Avenue magazine seeks a summer editorial intern to start as early as May 1. This full-time contract position in our Calgary office is supported by the provincial STEP funding — applicants must be full-time students returning to studies in the fall. The salary is $2357.33 per month; you will be paid $1178.67 semi-monthly on the 15th and 30th of the month.
This is an opportunity to:
- Write, research, fact-check, interview and enter proofing changes for Avenue, its sister publications and their digital extensions.
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as picking up items for photo shoots and providing general assistance to the editorial team.
- Take on other duties as assigned by the editors.
our ideal candidate
You are passionate about storytelling and research, and you are able to work in a team and across teams to produce a great product. You have previous media experience from work in the student press or another internship. You are a full-time student in journalism, electronic publishing or a related field at a post-secondary institution who is returning to studies in the fall.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Strong research, interview and writing skills.
- Professional phone manner.
- Great communication skills.
- Very organized, with exceptional time-management skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign/InCopy, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, social networking sites
and the Mac operating system.
In order to fit into our team and be a strong contributor, you are:
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with.
- Passionate about the quality of your work.
- Curious about your city and excited about many topic areas including city life, profiles, travel,
arts & culture, business, events, dining, home decor, fashion, shopping and mountain life.
- A self-starter with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time.
- Curious about the world around you with a way of looking at concepts, trends and ideas from new
and unexpected angles.
- Dedicated to improving quality and concerned about the details.
our RedPoint Package
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
how to apply
This posting is open until April 17, 2018.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail to email@example.com. Please reference “internship” in your reference line. Applicants are asked to submit three published articles, along with a cover letter and résumé. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.