Managing Editor, Marketing Solutions
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking a Managing Editor to ensure our Marketing Solutions team has a seasoned, organized, strategic editor to help our clients meet their objectives and credibility for their brands. This is a one year contract position (maternity leave coverage) and is based in our Calgary office.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team whose in-house brand, Avenue, is Calgary’s premiere city lifestyle magazine, and whose award-winning WestJet Magazine has been read nationally (and internationally) for more than 10 years. The RedPoint team also creates custom publications for clients like the Alberta Cancer Foundation, the Stollery Children’s Hospital, BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation.
RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our company’s future
This is a contract position with an opportunity for growth. The Managing Editor, Marketing Solutions is a seasoned, strategic editor. You will play an integral part in a dynamic team of writers, editors and visual designers to help our clients meet their objectives by elevating content and gaining credibility for their brands. Although our clients represent a wide range of industries, we have a singular focus – helping them reach their business goals by engaging their key target markets through content-driven communications. You’re an editor with the heart of a writer – when drafts come in, you’ll take them to the next level, building an engaged and enthusiastic audience.
This is an opportunity to:
- Working closely with the client and the Marketing Solutions team to understand the client’s brand and strategic business objectives.
- Liaising with the Publishing team to report on the magazine content and proposed story lineups and to establish the page counts and budgets for each issue.
- Planning, shaping and recommending content and style (including storytelling and visual design) that will reach and engage the client’s core audience.
- Overseeing a team of writers, editors and visual designers to stay on track in meeting multiple and overlapping deadlines.
- Maintaining high standards and taking responsibility for accuracy and effectiveness of publications.
- Producing custom publication content, along with marketing writing projects.
our ideal candidate
The role requires a balanced combination of relationship building, project management, brand enhancement, and the ability to write and edit for accuracy, clarity and quality. The Managing Editor is a dynamic writer, editor, marketer and leader who is passionate about brand engagement and high-quality storytelling.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Minimum of three years in a senior or progressive editorial position(s) with magazine experience.
- Experience working directly with clients and on custom content projects.
- A degree or diploma in journalism, communications or marketing (equivalent work experience will be considered).
- A proven, solid understanding of strategic content marketing.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with writers and visual designers.
- Sharp writing and editing skills with the ability to embody a client’s voice with confidence and speed.
- Substantive editing experience, including planning editorial calendars, developing content strategy, and handling all the organization and project management required to produce custom publications.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple and overlapping deadlines.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain budgets.
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and communication skills.
- High standards for research, logic and language.
- Previous experience creating custom publications with the objective of increased brand engagement.
To help enhance our company and be a strong contributor to the RedPoint team, you are:
Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with.
- Passionate about the quality of your work, but you don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Self-motivated, with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time.
- Able to work across teams to pull the skills and energy of many departments and people together to produce great work.
- Dedicated to improving quality and concerned about the details.
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.