Junior Production Coordinator
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions has an opening for a Junior Production Coordinator to join our Production Department. This is a four-month contract opportunity in our Calgary office.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing agency in Calgary, Alberta. Our consumer and corporate magazines include Avenue Calgary, Avenue Edmonton, WestJet Magazine and a large number of custom publications. We have grown since 1994 to become one of the largest and most celebrated independent publishing and marketing companies in Western Canada, with talented professionals in editorial, design, production, photography, sales, marketing and distribution.
RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest employees to help maintain and build our strong reputation. As a RedPoint employee, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of our company.
RedPoint is seeking a graphic designer to help to assist in developing and growing all of our brand publications as well as fulfilling our extensive marketing requirements. This position is located at our head office in Calgary, Alberta.
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Junior Production Coordinator is responsible for a range of duties related to the planning and pre-press phases of magazine production. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
This is an opportunity to:
- Create and update publication flat plans;
- Process/track/build/preflight ads and provide proofs to the traffic coordinator(s);
- Place ads within the working files, preflight document and provide high-resolution proofs;
- Provide production services and photo research for publications and corporate projects, as assigned;
- Ensure document meets press standards and transmit to printer;
- Assist with the creation of digital versions;
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
our ideal candidate
- You have strong Mac computer skills with a solid background in Adobe Creative Suite;
- You are a team player with good communication and people skills;
- You are self-motivated, organized and a good problem-solver.
To help enhance our company and be a strong contributor to the RedPoint team, you are:
- Passionate about magazines;
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with;
- Committed to the quality of your work, but you don’t take yourself too seriously;
- Self-motivated, with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time;
- Able to work across teams to pull the skills and energy of many departments and people together to produce great work;
- Dedicated to improving quality and concerned about the details.
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 28, 2017. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.